
Reading Bird in the House this morning I see that the next exhibition at my local gallery in Carmarthen is going to feature the textile taxidermy of Donya Coward. I love the inventiveness of this work and the subject matter. It reminded me that there is another dog related exhibition I'd love to see next month but this one isn't local sadly. It will be at the Rebecca Hossack Gallery in London and features the work of Peter Clark. Now, I've mentioned Peter before on this blog because I think the things he does with the paper that others discard is nothing short of magical. The exhibition is called 'Dogs are for Life, not just for Christmas'. These are all the images on show at present and 'Young Sea Dog' here is my favourite. Well, it's done with maps so no surprise there...


10 comments:
I gasped when I saw that poodle! Wonderful work!!!!! You have such a wide knowledge of the arts Lesley.......... I love learning of what is out there from you... :O)
Like Cathy it's the poodle that took my fancy! Amazing what people can do isn't it? Hope you can get to the London gallery as well as the local one.
Jane
I rather like the terrier too - he looks as if he is standing in a stiff breeze. You've found us another gem here Lesley.
Lovely work! Thank you for sharing.
They're gorgeous! I love the Young Sea Dog.
Dan
-x-
Wow they are gorgeous dogs! Just up my street at the moment as I am doing dogs for my art project (as seen on my recent post) They are an inspiration!
Lucy xxxxxx
love the SeaDog - his whiskers look rather Art Deco!
These dogs are fabulous Lesley. I'm in awe of the ingenuity of the artists - textile taxidermy - I really like that!
Jeanne
x
I hate dogs but these are amazing - I too love work with maps.
I'm with you: I like the middle one best, but the poodle is a hoot! Also enjoyed viewing Donya's works. Thanks for posting these images and links! Cheers!
Post a Comment