I've lost count how many times I've watched the original 'Star Wars' trilogy. I'm afraid that's what happens when you marry a man who is a keen science fiction fan. Perhaps that's why the images in this great little video are so familiar. This is great papercut, stop motion work by Eric Power. If you love this sort of thing, check him out.
Jeremy Messersmith - Tatooine from Eric Power on Vimeo.
6 comments:
Lesley, although most of the images meant little to me (result of marrying man who dislikes STar Wars films) I enjoyed the song and the paper cutouts.
Jill
Ditto as for Jill! Appreciated the cleverness and ingenuity of this though!
Jane
Ditto Jill & Jane!!
Chrissie x
ingenious!!!
xoxox
How fantastic was that? I am "saving" going over to look at some more of his work for later. I kept playing and stopping and starting and playing snippets of this. Loved the way that just two strips of red paper could become sliding doors! So much to see and think about. My other half heard the music playing from another room and asked if he was hearing an ice cream van!!!!! :O)))))))))
I DO love this kind of thing! Cut paper, stop motion animation I mean. Beautifully designed illustration with great use of colour. I liked "Organ Donor" too. Actually I have never watched any of the Star Wars films but I guess I don't need to now, are they as good as this?
Post a Comment