
I don't think I have mentioned here that I'm taking part in a postcard exchange with 11 other blog friends have I ? The basic premise is that we will each send a handmade postcard, every two weeks, to one of the others on the list in a given order. The postcard theme is determined by the recipient and it can take any format - paper, fabric, photo, collage etc. The only constant is the size of a standard postcard - 15cm x 10cm. At the end of the project we will then each have 11 postcards all detailing our chosen themes. This weekend sees the first posting and receiving of our handiwork. My theme is 'Taking Flight' and my first card has arrived, made by my friend Sue, who knows me better than most people. She has sent me a beautiful card, embellished with the most delicate tissue paper moths you could imagine. When I freed them from the envelope they flapped in the breeze. Magical, just magical. As we receive our cards over the next few months we are going to use another blog to keep us all in the loop and up to speed with what we receive. If you're interested please have a look and perhaps follow what we're getting up to. The blog is called
'Postman's Knock' and we already have 16 followers. Given that there are only 12 of us taking part who know about it, you have to marvel at the speed of the web and how people find out about things! Anyway, I've posted another couple of images over there and in the next few days the others will add their first postcards. Could be the start of a fascinating project I think.
11 comments:
The butterflies are just beautiful and Sue a generous artist friend!
I wish I was one of the participants... Now I am going to check out the project's blog! xox
This is such a beautiful postcard. A hard act to follow!
What a wonderful collection of artwork there is going to be at the end.
This is beautiful and you're all going to have such a lovely collection at the end of it. I've become a follower. I wish I was artistic enough to have joined in but will enjoy seeing all your endeavours!
Well, I wouldn't have been a part of this had it not been for both you and Chrissie inviting me along for the ride on the first project...... thanks to both!
I'm already following postmansknock!
Just gorgeous Lesley - a wonderful and delightful idea. I am off to check out the other blog too! Enjoy the making and receiving - there is a deal of generosity around.
The moths are so beautiful, I can't imagine how your friend made them! I'm going over to the blog now.
What a lovely project! And the postcard is fantastic, I see it has a little bee on there for you too.
I'm looking forward to seeing what is made.
Dan
-x-
Oh stunning! No wonder you love them. This is so great!
Brilliant! Love the idea, its very special. I havejust become a follower!
Post a Comment