Saturday, 26 March 2011

A great day out


I've had a brilliant day today in the company of the Pembrokeshire branch of the Embroiderers Guild. I've been lucky enough to run workshops for them in the past and they asked me to deliver another one on making books. Due to the level of interest the group grew to 15 which I knew was pushing it a bit but I am, as ever, always happy to foster anyone's interest in making their own books, so we went for it. Sadly one of the group was poorly but the others rose to the challenge and produced some beautiful books. They each produced at least one book, some also producing other structures that I demonstrated with them. Some of my photos were not as clear as I'd have liked but this is a small sample of what they created.
Fiona
Alison
Jennifer
Karen
Millie

To these and to the others - Ann, Diane, Kay, Helena, Ann, Liz, Angela, Cynthia and Glesni, I want to say a big thank you for a fabulous day. It was tremendous fun and I have taken huge pleasure in the enjoyment your books have given you. Thank you girls!!!

11 comments:

Jill said...

The books look so good, love seeing the stitching down the spine. The 'girls' all look very absorbed in their tasks.

Elizabeth said...

What beautiful books! I would have loved to have taken your workshop - but sadly I am too far away.

menopausalmusing said...

It all looks wonderful. Lucky girls having you to teach them Lesley!

Jane Housham said...

How beautiful. I too love the stitching at the spines. I work in publishing but don't get lovely stitching like that nowadays in commercial publishing of course.

Joanna said...

Beautiful stitching on the spines. Looks like you all had a great day out (with the 'girls'!).

Ticking Stripes said...

I'd love to have go at this - they look great.
Just catching up on posts - good to find a fellow "grave-hopper" as Niobe calls me when I'm on my family history jaunts!

Gina said...

The ladies have all made such beautiful books Lesley - the stitched spines are gorgeous. They were obviously very well taught!

Sara Bowen said...

Lovely books! A lot of hard work went into that workshop, I can tell - from you and your students! Beautiful.

Chrissie said...

Don't know how I missed the last three posts? anyway, happy anniversary! I've just sent you an email asking about the workshop and the answers are all here - it looks brilliant and everyone so engrossed in their work inspired by a brill teacher!

Dan said...

Hi Lesley, what lovely results! I bet it was a fun day. You should run one of these workshops in North Wales!!!
Dan
-x-

Reading Tea Leaves said...

Lesley, you are an excellent teacher if those books are anything to go by - they're so good! Must have been fun, if a little daunting with 14 eager ladies to organise!

Jeanne
x