Sunday, 25 September 2011

The Haven

Well, I made the decision on Monday morning that I was not going to do the full time Foundation course. The college have been great and made various other alternative suggestions for me but I realised at the eleventh hour that it was not the right direction for me. I am returning to complete the same thing but the slower way, via the modules I've already started at Aberystwyth Uni. I met my tutor there this week and despite the fact that she was the one who suggested I do full time art college she understood why I had made the decision I had. It will take twice as long and it still means I need to constructively use my time better but I am happy and relieved to have gone this way. So, feeling rather silly for starting something I did not finish I needed to re-group and do something I feel positive about. Hence, an early morning trip to the docks at Milford Haven to start taking images for my digital photography portfolio assessment. My theme is going to be 'boats and ropes'. Here are a few that I've selected as a starting point. I only have to have 10 images but of course, like all people let loose with a camera, I have loads. Time to refine and re-inforce the basic rules in my head and then improve.





























9 comments:

Chrissie said...

I'm glad you're happy with your decision - it would have been a shame if you'd embarked on something you regretted.
I love your boats and ropes, specially the blue rope one.

Marigold Jam said...

I'm sure you have made the right decision here. Love the turquoise rope pic and the first boat one too. Best wishes with your courses.

Joanna said...

No need to feel silly - you've clearly made the right decision.

The turquoise rope is STUNNING! Love the colour and texture. Also, the rusty chain is gorgeous. Looks like you'll be having lots of fun!

x

menopausalmusing said...

Sixth one down......... what a BEAUTY! Loving the diagonal lines in it. A stunning set of photographs.

:o)))))))))

So looking forward to viewing your progress Lesley. X

Jane Housham said...

Gorgeous photos!

Things Hand Made said...

Great photo. Sometimes we do need to travel down the road before we can see if its the right one. I prefer long journeys over shorter ones. More time for reflection.

Fiona Dempster said...

What an inspired choice as the focus of your portfolio - so many wonderful images and opportunities. I'm pleased that you have found the path that makes you happy about studying art and that allows you to fit it in with the rest of your life and feel that balance is better. Its still a wonderful thing to do - and you know the journey is the thing; the process; not so much the destination, so enjoy!

Jee said...

I'm sure you've made a good decision, Lesley. Great choice of subject for your new proect, too.

Jill said...

I'm sure you've made the right decision - a full time course is a big commitment for someone with so many ideas of her own.
Love the photographs. A great subject with so much potential.
Now you'll have time to share with us - we hope.