I realise my posts have been a bit of a video-fest recently but when I see something fascinating I just have to share. This film is no exception. It observes a geo-magnetic storm in the earth's upper atmosphere and uses the data so that we can hear the rumblings caused by incoming solar wind, captured at the frequency of 20 Hertz.
20 Hz from Semiconductor on Vimeo.
5 comments:
Well, being a scientific dunce I have no idea what I was looking at/listening to there - but it was absolutely stunning! Brilliant patterns, all the more dramatic for being in black and white.
I can't imagine how you found this......?!
xx
Thought it was a bit breezy this afternoon!!
This is why I like coming to your blog - I never quite know what I am going to see.......... Another amazing little film.
Weird and wonderful! I wonder what you were looking for when you found this?
Just catching up and like everyone else - just love the shoe post yet I don't have the shoe "thing" that lots of ladies have. Like my shoes to be comfy (as Victoria Wood once said!)
Post a Comment