I don't have a thing about elephants, honestly, but I do have a passion for the illustrations of Brian Wildsmith. He is one of my personal favourites for his wonderful imagery, patterns and layer upon layer of colour and texture.When I went into town yesterday I popped into the charity shop and the lady there who handles the book donations said ' I've got something for you out the back. It came in between Christmas and New Year and I thought of you as soon as I saw it. Would you like it?...' Would I like it!! What a lovely thing for her to do, yet quite typical of the people here. It feels like a belated Christmas present and I just wanted to share some of it.





15 comments:
Happy New Year! What a lucky lady and how kind and perceptive they are at that charity shop. Such bright and cheerful illustrations to take our minds off this stormy weather.
Ooh yes, I used to have a book illustrated by him when I was a child, and looking at these pictures brought the magic all back! What a kind thought from the lady in the charity shop, and what a nice way to start the New Year! Sara x
Oh yes, I see what you mean!
Wonderful images (even though I really dislike circuses I still like the colour and imagery of the old ones).
How wonderful that the lady in the charity shop thought of you when it was donated.
x
They are delightful and what a thoughtful act.
Oh yes! I see exactly what you mean: SUPERB!
Gosh, what a lucky find.
Certainly can see exactly what you mean -what a feast for the eyes.
Haven't seen that one before! What a lovely thoughtful lady ..... (and in answer to your comment recently, NO I don't think you are a grumpy old woman at all).
:O)
Lucky you! I love that lion.
How thoughtful of the charity shop lady to put it aside just for you.
Happy New Year
Celia
How wonderful, I love Brian Wildsmith. I grew up with his illustrated version of a Child's Garden of Verses, which I still have of course!
Yep, gorgeous!
Yes, these are wonderful! Thank you for the introduction! Happy 2012. . .
Oh how jealous I am, I have 2 of his books, collective nouns and I love them. This is a real treasure. The greatest thing is someone knew you would like it, people see bugs and think of me!!
XXX
Oh yes, that's fantastic. And to be thought of, too, marvellous. x
Great way to start the new Year and a treat for me as I love Brian Wildsmith. When buying his books for my nieces it was always one for you and one for me.
Post a Comment