Tuesday, 3 July 2012

Wet... wet....wet

 Lovely to read blogs this week showing glorious sunny gardens and hand picked flowers.... no really, I mean it... there's no envy in my voice just because it hasn't stopped raining here for days, weeks, months.... the bees won't go out so we're feeding them with sugar syrup. So far I've bought about 20lbs of sugar and have taken out shares in Tate and Lyle. I've been out giving some talks about trapping moths but the bad weather means I haven't actually put a trap out for ages. It was National Moth Night last week, the time for us all to get out and see what's happening.... but not here because it was just so wet. I thought I'd take some photos of my garden today but didn't get far past the back door before it started to hammer down. I'm thinking of moving somewhere drier..... any suggestions?




12 comments:

Joanna said...

Beautiful photographs, particularly the last one :o)

This has to be THE wettest summer I've ever known.

x

Marigold Jam said...

Lovely photos Lesley. I don't blame the bees I wouldn't go out either especially if some nice person fed me indoors! If you find somewhere drier do let me know where it is and I'll join you!

menopausalmusing said...

I've gone all soppy looking at that dear little soul on the last photo...........

Jill said...

We've still got a hose pipe ban!!

Love the dunking blue tit.

Patricia G said...

Great photos! It is challenging weather but I really wouldn't want drought.

Gina said...

Not dry here either! Beautiful photos though!

Sara Bowen said...

I'd love to say "Move to Australia!" but you'd have to chose somewhere different to Coffs as we've just had twice our average rainfall for June in just a single weekend. So you have my sympathy! Any hint of sunshine has me running out of doors, regardless of the temperature, just because I'm getting withdrawal symptoms after an excess of cloud and rain this year. Hope you have sunny days again soon and can go out mothing again... Sara x

Anonymous said...

Ce sont des photos magnifiques
Merci pour ce partage

Chrissie said...

I'd love to have you living nearby, so I'm going to tell you that we've had wall-to-wall sunshine here for MONTHS and you should move East. Well, we've had a hosepipe ban and are officially in a 'drought' area, so theoretically we don't get so much rain. (Sound of hollow laughter....)

Fiona Dempster said...

Oh Lesley - too much rain is just so depressing, no matter how much it makes things grow; you feel like you need to grow webbed feet at times. I hope your sun shines soon - Like Sara, we have had the wettest June in over 30 years and are officially over it. Just love the bird bath shot - made me smile a lot! (And loving those bee updates - i am learning so much; pretty labour-intensive at the moment I see...)

the veg artist said...

I don't get out much in the winter, and had been really looking forward to dry, warmer weather. Huh !!!!!

Gloria Freshley Art and Design said...

Wow! Such splendid photography! Thank you!!