Tuesday, 24 July 2012

We're having a heatwave... a tropical heatwave....

We've gone from the famine to the feast. Torrential rain has turned into scorchio temperatures. Took a stroll round the garden this afternoon and just looked for the strongest light. Lots of bees, dragonflies and butterflies around . After a barren summer so far, all of a sudden the air is full of Meadow Browns. Have been practicing making up collage templates in Photoshop for ages and then someone told me about PicMonkey. Go to 'create a collage' and five minutes later it's all done for you and all for free. If you don't want to become addicted don't follow the link...... go outside and enjoy the sunshine instead.

10 comments:

Jill said...

I'm sorry to read about the bees, although thank goodness no AFB (Although I've no idea about the consequences of an affliction). The weather is certainly fickle - too hot for me, I had to sit in the shade with my sketchbook. Love your collage - PicMonkey looks fun. I've made collages with Picasa, anther free photo-editing programme, and they are a piece of cake too. Had a few butterflies about - mainly cabbage whites, it makes you wonder where they were hiding in all that rain.

Anna Mavromatis said...

Rain or shine your garden photos are always superb!
Beautiful nature, beautifully captured, in all seasons!!!

menopausalmusing said...

Beautiful Lesley, just beautiful. We have been commenting on the butterflies here too.

Marigold Jam said...

Lovely Lesley - have always wanted to be able to do that so when the clouds roll in again I will have a look at PicMonkey. Meanwhile I am going to enjoy the sunshine.

Sue Brown said...

Dam, I clicked on the link!!
XX

Anna said...

A lovely collage of photos. I mustn't look at that site, it might be addictive! I'm playing on Photoshop and it's taking me ages to learn how to tile images and do half drops!

Sophie Munns said...

Lesley...
it looks heaven in your garden despite the strange summer. I remember arriving to London and Cornwall last Sept/Oct to a heatwave... I really did feel the heat there... windows didn't open to let in the breed... hot on public transport and all that.

Have been wondering how to do such a thing with pics... looks like I'm going to be clicking that button.
Have spent Sunday at home cooking soups and such... puddling...maybe off to the studio for now.

Good creating over there Lesley... enjoy your beach walks won't you!

Sophie Munns said...

Lesley...
it looks heaven in your garden despite the strange summer. I remember arriving to London and Cornwall last Sept/Oct to a heatwave... I really did feel the heat there... windows didn't open to let in the breed... hot on public transport and all that.

Have been wondering how to do such a thing with pics... looks like I'm going to be clicking that button.
Have spent Sunday at home cooking soups and such... puddling...maybe off to the studio for now.

Good creating over there Lesley... enjoy your beach walks won't you!

Fiona Dempster said...

Wow - that all looks like it was worth the wait. Stunning summer! And whoops, I clicked and already made one - in about 30 seconds.

steph said...

Beautiful images Lesley, and so many thanks for mentioning PicMonkey, just what Ive been wanting to do for ages!