I was so delighted when I read the comments to my last post as I thought courses on lichens and rocks would not appeal to many and I can see how wrong I was, so I just thought I'd try and capture a few photos to broaden their appeal even further. I did not have my camera with me for either course which was a big mistake on the geology day as we looked at some amazing pieces of granite and limestone that took my breath away when I looked at the marks on them. I did however, bring this little twig home from the lichen course. Looks completely unforgettable doesn't it? Not so, when you take an eye lens to it. As the only one without one in the group I had to buy one quickly this week. It cost me a fiver and opened up a wonderful world for a bargain price. These photos are not great but they show that this twig is covered with crustose and foliose lichen making beautiful, colourful patterns. I am smitten and looking forward to week two, tomorrow.

6 comments:
Beautiful!
Wonderful Lesley, very much looking forward to more images and how things went on the second day of the course.
It's like a miniature landscape. Looking forward to more, for sure...
Your photos are lovely; I've always loved lichens and photographed quite a lot on tombstones but not used them in any way. Look forward to seeing more!
Oh my, there are whole worlds and landscapes in there aren't there? Plenty of inspiration for work and explores I think!
Not visited the world of blog much this week and shocked to have missed three posts!
I thought of you and your lichens when watching the Wild Things programme ( recorded a while back) all about the wonders of lichens and the chewing gum lichen that grows on London's pavements. Your photos certainly ha ve lots of potential.
Post a Comment