Tuesday, 26 February 2013

Life on Mars

 Whilst I am really enjoying improving my knowledge of lichens, I am also having a great time on the geology course with a brilliant man called Dr John Davies, aka 'John the Rocks'. On his recommendation I haved googled 'Mars' and found images which are beyond geology in my mind. These images sent back to Nasa look like drawings, embossings and prints to me. Amazing marks that I wanted to share.







11 comments:

Gina said...

Wonderful photographs on the last two posts. Would make great inspiration for stitching.

menopausalmusing said...

Eeek! What a wonderful time you are having Lesley. Loving that sixth photo and the last one in particular.

Joanna said...

Stunning photos!

Sue Brown said...

Mmmmm Yum! XX

Anna said...

What fabulous images Lesley, lots of insoiration there!

Fiona Dempster said...

Honestly these photos make me wonder why I try? They are stunning artworks, and express so much; yet they are of Mars. Amazing and wonderful - thanks for exploring and sharing.

Jill said...

Wow, what wonderful sources of inspiration your courses are, and thanks for sharing.

fabriquefantastique said...

Agree with Gina....all sorts of textile textures, embroidery, weaving,knitting, even the old potato print.

Sophie Munns said...

Astonishing pics Lesley!

Amelia said...

these are AMAZING images, inspiring me to do drawings around similar mark-making :)

Carol said...

Absolutely stunning images! I'm loving your blog; I knew you did a lot of different things but you astonish me with the breadth of your artistic endeavours.