Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Vintage bags

 I found a small pair of 1950's type curtains in the Oxfam shop for £1. A bit faded  in places but who cares when I can make something from them. I also found some vintage ric rac in my stash and enough bits and pieces for some lining so......
 I made a bag to raise funds for the charity Combat Stress and I liked it so much...

I made another! There's something about that black, yellow and pink that reminds me of my gran's bathroom tiles when I was a child. Now all I have to do is hope someone will want them and that they raise some money.

8 comments:

Frances said...

These vintage fabric bags...with the perfect touch of vintage ricrac are terrific. What a fine eye you have for what works where and how.

Cheers!

Jo's World said...

very cute bags, I love the yellow and black. I agree with Frances who says you have a fine eye for putting things together!

Jo in MN

Anna Mavromatis said...

Fabulous!!!

Marigold Jam said...

Brilliant I'm sure they will soon be snapped up like hot cakes!

Gina said...

They are fabulous Lesley. Love the fabric and the bag design.

Jee said...

I'm sure those will sell quickly, Lesley. Such lovely fabric.

Fiona Dempster said...

OMG! They are stunningly beautiful! I don't even like yellow yet I am almost tempted! They evoke such a sense of time and place - I am sitting at my gran's grey melamine table with curtains just like these - and ducks on the wall...

Anna said...

The bags are lovely, what a great find! I'm sure they will sell, it looks a good shape.