Thursday, 13 May 2010

150 years of Sanderson

I had a postcard the other day showing one of the key images from this year's Quilts Exhibition at the V&A. It was a nudge to get on and organise my diary, book my train tickets and go! Well, I know I wanted to go but every experience I've read about the exhibition makes me less and less keen if I'm honest . Even the cheapest train deal from way out west where I am costs more than a flight to Spain, so I'm looking at other exhibitions as well . At the Fashion and Textile Museum in Bermondsey there is an exhibition celebrating 150 years of Sanderson and this video*made me want to see this one more - but - and there's always a but - I'm even more excited by the Horrockses exhibition to follow which will show off the peg dresses from the 50's and 60's. Decisions, decisions! Help.....

* I can't get this video to widen so you might want to see it on the Fashion and Textile Museum website for a much better view

5 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Oh Lesley - I went to see Quilts on Tuesday and loved it. I'd also love to see the others you mention - do you want a companion?!!

Jane x

menopausalmusing said...

I know what you mean about the cost of a trip to London. We usually go about twice a year but haven't done so yet and finances are not brilliant, so I think I am going to aim for the Diaghilev one in September. If finances are still not good I might just make it to the last day of the exhibition on my birthday next January! I dooooooooo love London and we always try and fit two exhibitions in to make it worthwhile the cost. I like the sound of the Horrocks's one....... :O)))))

Cheryl said...

All forms of transport are expensive now.
I think most people have to count the cost these days.

I do hope that you are able to see the exhibitions......

Jill said...

I can get up to London pretty reasonably, but haven't done so for ages (foot problems - hopefully to be seen to, soon) But you have made me realise how lucky I am so hopefully will get 'up to town' soon. The Sanderson one looks really interesting
Jill

Chrissie said...

Putting head before heart, I think I would really have to say that the quilt exhibition alone would not justify the expenditure and a long trip from home. Didn't mean to nag you with the card .... :-))