Tuesday, 18 May 2010

Out of the Archives

Whilst dashing in the car between A and B this morning I managed to catch Woman's Hour on Radio 4. There was a very interesting piece about two exhibitions at the Women's Library in Whitechapel. One focusses on the use the suffragettes made of the Royal Mail in their fight for the vote. The second, called Out of the Archives is new art inspired by the collections at the Women's Library. It really was a fascinating ten minutes. If you follow the link here to the Women's Library blog there is a subsequent link to the 'listen again' feature for Radio 4. It's worth making a cup of tea and doing just that.

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Lesley...thank you for the link. I shall indeed do that sometime this evening when I have a little more time....

Beastly squirrels.....

Marigold Jam said...

Sounds interesting Lesley and I will have a listen later when I have finally caught up with myself!

JAne

Reading Tea Leaves said...

I caught brief snippets of Woman's Hour this morning - sounds like an interesting exhibition. There are so many things I want to see in London at the mo ... I really must make time for a trip down on the train.

Jeanne
x

Jill said...

Will try to catch this. Woman's Hour is brilliant for this sort of snippet, I don't catch is as often as I'd like.

Jee said...

Heard this whilst driving - would really be worth a trip to visit, I think.

Dan said...

I think they are putting lots of old newspapers online too, many of which detail the suffragette movement.
By the way, I recognise an old friend from one of your posts over here
http://pencilandleaf.blogspot.com/2010/05/pembrokshire-buzz-beautiful-shrill.html

Dan
-x-

Ticking Stripes said...

I'll try to catch this - can't beat radio 4! And like you am in two minds over the Quilt exhibition at the V&A...