Monday, 3 May 2010

Home to the Principality

Just home from a few days in the Lake District where we've been to see a printmaking exhibition. I have been the map reader for four days. I love maps as you well know but even I have had enough of staring at the contours of the lakeland fells. Glad to be home in the Principality, which, because it is exactly that, does not qualify for the W in this video by 'They Might Be Giants'. Still, I'd much rather be here than in West Xylophone.

6 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Have missed you - hope you had a good time and that it didn't rain too much? I am still trying to make out what was S in the alphabet! Clever but they missed us out so it can't be right!!

Jane x

Marigold Jam said...

I've found it - how wonderful maps are on the internet! It's Suriname which I have to admit I had never heard of - who chose the countries I wonder?!

J

menopausalmusing said...

I wouldn't have survived two days being mapreader. There would have been bloodshed at the side of the road, I would have been thrown out of the car! :O))))))))))) Map reading is NOT my fore!!!! :O))))))))

menopausalmusing said...

Proof reading obviously isn't a strong point either!!

"forte" that SHOULD have read!

:O)

Reading Tea Leaves said...

Map-reading is definitely not one of my strengths according to the OH but like you, I'm fascinated by their look and history.

I did answer your query to my Ely post Lesley but just in case you haven't popped back over to mine, the answer is - no, I wasn't joking and they are very tasty. Hope you're still my fiend - LOL!!

Jeanne
x

Jill said...

Hope you enjoyed your exhibition and your short break - were there any daffodils still out?
Didn't know this song, but I am familiar with They Might be Giants' song 'Istanbul(Not Constantinople)'. They are obviously fond of Geography.