Wednesday, 30 November 2011

More books

We started having a conversation yesterday about Christmas and he said: 'Would you like a Kindle or something similar?'... One look at my horrified face must have given him the answer as the subject was dropped straight away and I suspect I will now get the usual sketchbook, perfume and CD package, but it reminded me of this great little video I saw the other day. It is the trailer for an animated film generated by the original children's book. I found it here, a site I frequent regularly and recommend wholeheartedly if you're interested in books and book arts.





8 comments:

Chrissie said...

OK now I feel like a pariah - bought Richard a Kindle for his birthday yesterday... Certainly won't replace books in our house, as they are EVERYWHERE, but thought it might be handy on occasions. Loved the site you had a link to... can't think why you didn't mention it's name!!

Gina said...

That little video is priceless... I don't have a Kindle either.

Su said...

Love video - I don't have a kindle but I am considering an ipad, but it will never replace the shelves and shelves of books I have.

menopausalmusing said...

No Kindle here either. I can't imagine hugging a Kindle in anticipation or sniffing it like you do an old book.

Great site you directed us too. That's another one put on my favourites list.......

menopausalmusing said...

Oh, forgot to say that I loved the little film - so funny!

Ticking Stripes said...

Wonderful! I can't see the attraction of the Kindle. Maybe it's something to do with my obsession with all things paper!

Jill said...

No Kindle for me either. Just can't see the point. I love to look along our shelves of favourite books, so many of them have associations of times and places and people.

Joanna said...

Love the video!

I'm also a happy-non-kindler. Can't help but feel it's a bit like the emperor's new clothes.

x