Friday, 13 January 2012

Film for Friday








I am going to carry on trying to post a film/animation or whatever every Friday. There won't be a pattern or a theme, just as I pick them at random, dependent on my whim that day. This is a beautifully 'spare' film showing the artist Lizzie Buckmaster-Dove working at home giving new life to old books with lovely sculptural results. There is no central source to see more of Lizzie's work but an image search will send you off in lots of different directions if the film whets your appetite for more.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Fabulous Lesley - I think I used that word last week! Despite wincing when Lizzie took a scalpel to the book, I can see she has created a beautiful collection of art works which will enable many more people to appreciate the illustrations as well as her talent. It was beautifully filmed too. Not sure whether to be inspired or just to feel humbled!
PS. I want to live in that house!

Lucy Caitlin Higham said...

What fascinating art. Thank you for featuring it. I think it is great!
Lucy xxxxxx

menopausalmusing said...

Now, unlike Jill, I didn't flinch when I saw the scalpel. What a super film, not just for the artist's work, but the way sound and visuals have been put together. Here's to your next find!