Sunday, 12 December 2010

Challenges

It's ironic that I wanted to make a post about challenges today. Ironic, because I have been unable to produce the words in my head on the same post as the video about the mini planners below. Blogger seems to be technically challenged itself today.... or maybe it is me? I found the video through some circuitous route whilst reading about many of the sketchbook challenges doing the rounds at the moment. The common denominator for all of them seems to be the fact that they're all using Moleskine notebooks to collect the images in. I've never bought or used a Moleskine so do not know what they are like. I wonder what I am missing?

Anyway enjoy the stop motion paper cutting work in the video and also pop over to read this post on the blog of Australian artist Sophie Munns. It's all about an artist led challenge using stamps as the inspiration. There are some fascinating links and Sophie's other posts are well worth checking out. I really enjoyed reading about the whole thing and it made me itch to get involved in a challenge of some kind in 2011. I have a few ideas......

5 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Will view the video later - am just off to yoga now. I like the sound of a challenge - do tell us more!

Jane

menopausalmusing said...

Loved the little film on Vimeo. Also love the idea of the challenge using stamps. I recently received a card featuring a wreath made of stamps and the words "Happy Christmas" written in Welsh! Some clever and talented people out there......... ;O))))))))))))))

Anonymous said...

If you're up for a challenge you might like to try
this:
http://1000woodcuts.blogspot.com/2010/12/monumental-collaborative-puzzle-print-3.html

And thanks for the Myrtle Street link. I'm only a short flight away and I can't make it either!

Lucy Caitlin Higham said...

Hello Lesley, Thank you for the email to my mum. I have had a look at my blog to see if I can tell what is causing this. I can't see anything and I have asked friends if they can think of what it can be. I am sorry but we cannot think why it is happening.
I hope it soon sorts itself out as it is alway super to get a blog message from you!
Lucy xxxxxxx

Jill said...

Hmm stamps, can't wait!