Friday, 3 December 2010

Mariko Kusumoto

Every week I receive a newsletter via e mail from Hand Eye magazine. In the latest was an article about the amazing miniature metal sculptures of Mariko Kusumoto. It made me want to read more and I found gallery images of her sculptures, some of which had been animated with stop motion work. I picked this one because I loved the quirky song but they are all fascinating pieces of work, so intricate in their detail. Have a look here to find out more and then follow the link to more videos.

7 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Wonderful! What a cheery start to the day that song is and amazing detail in the presentation. Love it.

Jane x

menopausalmusing said...

Beryl the Peril here: have had a quick peek at this post and ........ wow!............ going to save going over to the link till evening, then going to grab a cuppa and a mincepie and enjoy looking at this work. Fabulous, fun song to accompany this film ....... :O))))))))))))))

Chrissie said...

Ha! Cathy may be Beryl the Peril, but I'm the same age as Dennis the Menace!! What a pair.

I loved this little animation and all the brilliant 'boxes' of treasures, specially the train. Thanks for the links Lesley.

Sue Brown said...

You know the way to a girls heart, I am going to have to credit you as my personal research assistant...thankyou, I am glad the same things inspire us. XXX

Reading Tea Leaves said...

The singer sounded like a Japanese version of Judy Garland - wonderfully quirky as usual Lesley.

The boxes of trinkets are fabulous.

Thank you for the reminder about Christmas stamps I will endeavour to put a little note in mine too.

Jeanne
xox

Carol said...

What a delightful video. Love the train especially. I found you via Paper Ponderings, so greetings from another Australian.

Jill said...

Another fabulous gem Leslie, showing that there is no limit to people's imaginations. Would love to know the stories behind these pieces, or is that up to our imaginings?