Friday, 24 December 2010

Silly season


We have a friend coming down to spend Christmas Day with us and I made this sign to welcome her. I don't want there to be any illusions that she'll get the traditional Christmas dinner from me as I hate those little green knobbly things with a vengeance. I have friends who swear by a post Christmas recipe to lose weight fast: it's sprout and baked beans soup! You just heat up cooked sprouts with a large tin of those beans and blitz them. Apparently it tastes delicious and works a treat. I suspect it makes you 'turbo charged' and makes a stranger of close companions! Still, for those of you going down this route I made another sign taking my lead from Government warnings.....
...... but for the majority of you here is the real message I want to send. Here in Wales we say Nadolig Llawen but who cares what language it's in as long as the sentiment is truly meant. Thanks for being great friends this year. I've been overwhelmed by people's kindness and generosity of spirit and feel lucky enough to have got to know some great people via our blogs. Long may it continue in 2011. Have a good one everyone!



10 comments:

Fiona Dempster said...

Lesley it's been a lovely connection. Best wishes for a peaceful, happy and healthy Christmas for you (sprout-free as well - I am soooo on your side). and a new year filled to the brim with creativity and joy.

menopausalmusing said...

Dammit! Knew there would be something we didn't agree on eventually......... I love the little green babies........... (somebody has to!). Been wonderful getting to know you! Happy Christmas to you Lesley! x

Marigold Jam said...

What a hoot! Lovely to have made your acquaintance too Lesley and do hope that you will have a lovely time with your friend over the holiday. We are not having sprouts either as D has voted for cottage pie with spring cabbage as his favourite meal! Happy Christmas and looking forward to more of your quirky and intriguing posts in 2011.

Jane

Celia Hart said...

(Sharp intake of breath!!!) Glad I won't be having dinner with you tomorrow - I LOVE SPROUTS!

Happy Christmas and enjoy whatever you choose for the festive pig-out!

And here's to the prospect of an inspiring new year ahead.
Celia
x

Jee said...

Sprouts are like Marmite aren't they! Everyone her loves them, luckily, though they take a while to prepare! We have a Christams pudding, mince pie, anything with cinnamon etc. hater here so he has to be provided with chocolate pud.
Have a lovely sproutless Christmas.

Sophie Munns said...

That was fun Lesley.... although... I had to wonder about the tip for the soup...dont know If i'll test that out. I have not seen any sprouts lurking around our green grocers being summer here!
What a fun sign to welcome your friend though.... that will go down well.
Its been lovely to connect this year and wish you all the very best for the season and in 2011... heres to lots of creative energy and fulfilment!
Sophie

Jill said...

Love my trad Christmas dinner, including sprouts, but only a few for bro-in-law and me, so I have 12 sprouts, 6 each is enough!
Very best Christmas wishes to you Lesley.

Chrissie said...

Lots of love for a very happy Christmas and a creative New Year - thanks for all your friendship and support during 2011.

I LOVE SPROUTS!!!!

chrissie x

Reading Tea Leaves said...

I love sprouts and Christmas dinner wouldn't be complete without them, for me! Great poster and little film too!

Thank you Lesley for sharing your creativity and for your wise and caring words throughout the past year.

Happy Christmas!

Jeanne
xox

Gina said...

I'm not a great fan of sprouts either but I do eat them once a year. Hope you had a good Christmas