Friday, 6 November 2009

The Complex of All These

If you're interested in book arts and the like it's always fascinating to take a look at the wonderful Women's Studio Workshop. Abigail Uhteg spent the summer doing an internship here and she has produced a video flipbook of the 3000 photos she took whilst creating , printing and constructing an edition of 35 artists books. All the elements I love are here - printing, papermaking and bookbinding. If you love the same things you'll like this I think. Her work can also be seen here.

4 comments:

Jill said...

I've had another day etching today, so watching this video is particularly pertinent. What a wonderful record of the process of book making. I don't think I have the patience - let alone the skill to take on something like this.
You have found another gem here Lesley.
Jill

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Absolutely amazing! Not just the many skills involved in printing and binding the books, but the photographic recording and editing. Compulsive viewing.

Sue Brown said...

The skills involved....oooh I want to make a book, so little time, so much to do.XXX

LAC EMP 2020 said...

Glad you all liked this too. Thanks for the comments.