Saturday, 7 November 2009

Lucky Me


Today was the start of 'A Winter's Tale', an exhibition at Oriel Myrddin in Carmarthen. It runs until Christmas Eve and there are a few artists involved whose work I really wanted to see. This mixed media box called 'Christmas Greetings' has been used by the gallery on all it's promotional photos and invitations. It is made by Becky Adams. I just fell in love with it and my husband promptly bought it for me! Now, I adore my husband, but even our friends will agree that he's not a man given to spontaneous gestures like this. I think he must have had a rush of blood to the head..... Becky also had a gorgeous larger mixed media book on display......
We also both liked the work by Rebecca Ellen Edwards which were screenprinted wallpaper lengths decorated with machine embroidery but I know when to quit while I'm ahead. If I drop enough hints I might get the other Becky Adams book for Christmas.... oh look, I just saw a pig fly past.

2 comments:

Jill said...

How lovely - your passion for the piece obviously came across very strongly - what a sweetie. The box looks fascinating - have you got to wait for the end of the exhibition to get your hands on it?

Bird in the House said...

Fantastic! It's such a lovely piece, and Becky is such a delightful maker!