Thursday, 5 November 2009

RWA Autumn Exhibition


I was in Bristol yesterday and managed to get along to the Royal West of England Academy Autumn Exhibition. If anyone is in the vicinity between now and December 13th go along and have a look as it is a treat of an exhibition. With over 500 pieces of art to look at you have to zone in on those that hit your 'hot spots' straight away and as always, I lean towards the printmakers, mixed media and collage pieces for my favourites particularly 'Garden Army', the mixed media piece by Lucy Fraser, above. Some of these works below are also on show and were those I homed in on.
Etching by Jenny Sanders

Altered bookworks by Alexander Korzer-Robinson


Seascape Refit No 1 by Robert Manners


Aquatint and chine collee by Mary Rouncefield
These are only a few of the pieces I enjoyed and I hope they show the breadth of material contained in the exhibition. I did not enjoy it as much as the Open Printmakers Exhibition last month but, that said, the selected work is outstanding so, go if you get the chance.


1 comment:

Jill said...

It looks like a brilliant exhibition - all the pieces you've posted look interesting, but I am knocked out by that altered book - what an amazing piece. (You get a mention in my latest post - I pinched your video)
Jill