Anyway, I'd had this idea about screenprinting some cards or tags for Christmas a while ago so just made a paper stencil, got out some card, chose the paint and hey presto, I had a couple of sheets of prints. After finding some ribbon that matched (sort of) I cut them up, stamped over the top, attached the ribbon and had enough tags to stock a shop! After finishing these I came back to the house and received a phone call from my friend suggesting we meet for a coffee in Tenby this morning. At the end of the call she jokingly reminded me to bring the peg bag I was supposed to be making for her. This has been a running joke for a few weeks but, fired with energy, I picked up the fabric I'd put by for her and made the bag in less than an hour.
I was on a roll by now and had to do something else. The peg bag material was one of the £1 remnants I bought ages ago and I rooted around in my box (crate....) of fabric and found another sample I bought last year in a sale for £1 too. I'd bought a piece of silk from the charity shop for 50p and was going to use that for the lining. I'd already cut out all the pieces to make a bucket handbag but I'd moved on to another idea by the time it came to sew it. See what I'm like? Butterfly brain.
As I bought the fabric last December and cut it out in March, does sewing it up in November count as planned activity or is it simply procrastination? I've got a long way to go to organise myself better but I had a very productive day nonetheless. Thanks for the spur to action Donna.
3 comments:
I would be very very pleased to get a bag like that as a present - it's lovely. I am rather like you and do my creativity in bursts with a lot of procrastination in between - well an artist needs to plan doesn't she!!
Love the tags and the peg bag too.
I am going to pass your blog address on to a friend who lives in your area (Brynberian not far from Cardigan) as I am sure she will love what you do too.
Jane
Jane,
Brynberian is about 30 minutes from us. There's a great nursery there where we buy all our plants and it's only a short drive into Cardigan which is a treasure trove for odd shops and crafty things. I love it there. Lesley
Wow I am impressed - printing, sewing and crafting all on one day!
Post a Comment