I was really restless last night and couldn't seem to settle to anything. As I was sorting through the piles of paper I seem to accumulate some crows that I'd cut from a children's story book fell on the floor. I take these things as a sign and think they tell me to get on with something! On my kitchen windowsill (where else?) was a piece of watercolour paper I'd dyed in some tea for another idea and next to it was a strip I'd cut off for some reason. This is now about 10.00pm but I daubed another bit of watercolour on top, let it dry, folded it , attached my birds and then scribbled some hastily thought up words. It sounds like gibberish when I read it now but last night it seemed quite good.
When I got up this morning I found some scrap paper for the cover. The other week I bought a book on learning to type in a charity shop because I thought those letters would come in handy. Trouble is they are so small they are impossible to cut out but I can live with the rough look. It's either that or take more time over things but when I get an idea in my head I don't always pause for quality control sadly. In about 15 minutes I had my 'crow story' accordion book.
6 comments:
By clicking on your picture it is certainly large enough to read - looks great, there is nothing like a spontaneous act of creativity for all round satisfaction.
Have just popped over from Jill's Third Age Musings. Love your Crow book - took me back to A levels when we did Ted Hughes "Crow"!! Lovely idea there.
Jane
Thank you both for your comments. It's nice to know that there are like minded people out there.Receiving comments certainly adds another dimension to my blog. Thanks again.
(previous comment deleted due to surfit of typos!)
I am delighted to announce your name has been drawn to receive three of my little ATC cards, so if you e mail me your address (via my blog profile) I'll get them in the post to you. Have a great week, Jill.
Hi, I came via Jill's blog and found your little crow book- I like this very muchs. There's much to discover in crows.
Post a Comment