Monday, 8 March 2010

More paper and maps.... how unusual....

Spent a few hours in my little shed this afternoon inspired to get on with a few things that have been chipping away at my thoughts. Got on with a book using a map as the base and cut some stencils for some monoprints I'm going to print tomorrow and Wednesday. No surprise then that I started looking at map related things tonight and came across this stop motion papercut animation with the apt title ' A Map comes to Life'. I was intrigued and had to watch it. It's a bit surreal but it works for me!

6 comments:

Sue Brown said...

Waves...I love it!

Jill said...

I hope you are going to share your monoprints with us Lesley.
Meanwhile love the little film and they always lead to others and another fascinating journey into youtube.
Jill

Reading Tea Leaves said...

Those little hands were very surreal!

Good luck with your monoprints Lesley - will you share them with us?

Jeanne x

menopausalmusing said...

My pox-ridden "3" dongle is playing up, so I will watch your film tomorrow. Looking forward as always to seeing your work.

Marigold Jam said...

Weird but so clever. Look forward to seeing your handiwork later.

Jane x

menopausalmusing said...

Got to see the film today........... was absolutely smitten by it..... VERY CLEVER.