Tuesday, 30 March 2010

Over the top?


I don't know what I'd do without my dining room door to hang things from for photographs. Not that this one is all that great. I'm blaming it on the poor light thrown into the room by the snow - yes, SNOW , the week before Easter! It truth it is more like heavy sleet combined with torrential rain. I'm not saying there's a lot of water out there but the postman came in a canoe today.

I was oblivious though because I've been trying to finish this bag which someone asked me to make for them for tonight. They wanted a big bag and I think I have taken them too literally perhaps? I used a couple of contrasting fabrics I had as the choice was 'up to me'. It hasn't used a lot of fabric and I spent most of the time appliqueing the roses on each side. It seemed like a good idea at the time .... Anyway, I'd appreciate any opinions please. It's too late for tonight - it's going to go to a new home regardless but I think I might make some more as Vickie and I are considering taking some stands at craft fairs later this year and selling our bags etc. My sister in law gave me lots of fabric remnants last week that she kindly bought for me so I have plenty to get on with in the meantime. In return she asked for a felt necklace so perhaps I should do that next while I wait for your respected opinions on whether the bag cuts the mustard or whether it needs a redesign?

7 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Well I think it's lovely! Snow eh? We have heavy rain but not sleet nor snow here. Good luck with the craft stands I am sure your creations will sell like hot cakes - If I lived nearer I'd be there too!

Jane x

Chrissie said...

Ceri in a canoe, eh?!
Your bag is delightful, good and capacious, but still really feminine.

menopausalmusing said...

Chrissie has summed your bag up for me.... I think it is lovely. Your will sell, you know! It will, oh, yes..... it WILL.

Reading Tea Leaves said...

Your bag is charming Lesley, very summery and feminine! Great idea to do the craft fairs, I think they will be a great success.

So you got the snow then! Here it is alternating between quite warm sunny spells and torrential rain, of which we have the latter at the moment!

Jeanne x

Dan said...

Hi Leslie
Great bag! The fabric is gorgeous, and it's plenty big enough to lose things in.

I really loved that tweed one you made out of a jacket though....

Best wishes
Dan

Jill said...

Love the bag - a pretty green and I also love polka dots. So for me it's a hit!

Maggi said...

I think it's a great bag and could always offer it a good home if it gets rejected!