I posted last week about the papier mache letters I'd given my friends in a sort of challenge. Well, we met today and handed them over to each other. Joan was delighted with hers, Vicki too and as for me... well, I was nearly struck dumb with pleasure. Mine is just wonderful. Vickie has incorporated lots of things that I love : there are pages and words from Winnie the Pooh, not only because I love collecting childrens books but also because it's all about BEES! There's a mini book made with handmade paper and incorporating postage stamps and lots of references to the garden and sowing seeds... and rabbits.....and birds with binoculars....and butterflies... and moths.....it is a true delight. Have a look at the photos and see.
Just when you think things can't get better, they do! Joan had a clear out of her button tin yesterday and asked me to drop them into a charity shop in Tenby on my way home but I owned up to my button fetish and she said I could keep them. Naturally I had to sort through them as soon as I got back. Here's a small selection of some of them. There are some lovely ones here : ceramic, mother of pearl and even a couple of art deco inspired ones. Trouble is I love these things so much that I can never bring myself to use them but an idea has germinated this afternoon and I have a plan....
6 comments:
Oooh how lovely. What a beautiful gift. I pinched your idea and got a couple of letters to decorate for birthdays. But the fold out book is outstanding. Isn't lovely when friends show such insight? I'm dying to know what you are going to do with your buttons so I can pinch that idea too.
Jillxx
Lucky you. I love what your friend has done with your letter L. Do tell me though what the "thing" is on the first fold of the first picture? I am intrigued to know is it for making some sort of netting or a type of lucet? Or something to do with bees and honey? Or what?
I am green with envy about the button tin and can't wait to see what your idea is!
Jane x
Wow what a wonderful gift! I love your L, and am looking forward to seeing what you will do with the buttons!
Best wishes
Dan
wow - your gift is outrageously gorgeous! I want one!!!What a delight.
Amelia.x
What a brilliant piece of work to be given. I loved the bird with the binoculars... Do you think it was a "twitcher" looking at people?
BRING ON THE BUTTON TIN!!!!
Vicky has come up trumps with your L - with references to nature and especially bees which I know are a favourite of yours. A wonderful gift!
Look forward to the results of your cunning plan with the buttons ...
Jeanne x
Post a Comment