
We only ever see long tailed tits about once a year, usually around this time. They often flock together in small groups, but today I was working in my office upstairs and noticed two of them flying around the garden. Despite my best efforts they eluded me and my camera all afternoon unless you wanted to see lots of pictures of their rear ends or catch them just flying out of shot! Finally, I saw this one outside of the conservatory and it stayed still just long enough. There's something very endearing about them isn't there? They've definitely got the 'aaahh' factor for me.
Another beautiful day here. Hope it's the same wherever you are. Enjoy the weekend everyone!
7 comments:
Aaahh indeed! Yes we've enjoyed another fabulous day here too.
Jane x
Haven't seen any long-tailed tits since the really bad weather. We usually have a flock that passes through the garden, mainly in the summer. You can usually hear them coming as they twitter along and hopefully you can catch a glimpse as they don't stay long. They make me think of fluffy lolly-pops, they are my 'feathers on a stick'. I haven't managed to get a good photograph of them so well done.
That is a very good picture of a long-tailed tit. I have only seen them three times and they move on so quickly that it would be difficult to take a picture. Hope your Swallows arrive soon!
Lucy xxxxx
We have had them all winter, but they seem to have disappeared this week. (Probably flown over to yours!) However...... we have been having flocks of goldfinches too, BUT on occasion we have a solitary goldfinch and I worry about it...... I mean I REALLY WORRY ABOUT IT...... :O(((((( It is always on its own.........
Good for you managing to get a photo - they just never stay still for long! We some some visiting our garden at the moment, and also some goldfinches. They've been lured in by the bird feeders. I guess they need more food at this time of the year for nesting and breeding.
They are very cute and that's a superb picture Lesley. We recently had a small flock come twittering through - busy, busy, busy - and they were gone in no time!
Enjoying a sunny day here - hope you are too!
Jeanne
x
Great photograph, they always used to come through the garden for breakfast,lunch and tea in Bath; they always looked like little old men with their bald pates ;). We enjoyed ourselves in Yorkshire, will probably move up there in a year or so !
Thelma
Post a Comment