Every so often you have one of those magical days when everything goes right. I had one of those yesterday when I went to Aberglasney. I was in the company of 4 great friends, the weather was warm, the sun was bright, the food was delicious and the garden was just plain beautiful. This wonderful place has been restored over the last decade or so from a lost garden into a very special place , a lot of the work being done by dedicated volunteers. It's not too far from the National Botanic Garden of Wales but where they have scale, Aberglasney has intimacy. Even though it is not a small garden there are many intimate areas and it has something to offer all year round. Out in force yesterday were the fabulous magnolias undercarpeted with the beauty of simple wood anemones and primroses. We all went camera happy and these are only a fraction of what I took....
There is a wonderful 'hot house' full of beautiful orchids, clivias and carnivorous plants. I just got lost in the colour and textures of the whole place.
9 comments:
So glad you had such a lovely day Lesley. Those photos are mouthwatering! I especially like the green leaf ones which cry out to be used as a source of inspiration for something textile-y and that last orchid would go wonderfully with your burgundy leather - can't wait to see what you produce! (Just realised that you intended to make the photos the content and not on the cover).
Have a good weekend.
Jane x
Ahhh! Love Aberglasney! Lovely pics!
Breathtaking photos Lesley. Just breathtaking. We have a Clivia grown from seed years ago and once I have gotten off here I shall whip downstairs and poke down between its leaves to see if there are any flowers coming up yet! I will also show His Nibs the photos to see if it interests him as a day out. He loves his plants...... :O)
I am pleased that you have had an enjoyable day. The garden sounds very nice and I love the photos. Your book idea is very interesting too - can't wait to see it!
Lucy xxxxx
What a wonderful day out - all the ingredients for a great treat. I love the photos - the sunlit leaves and the magnolias, we had to wait a long time, but we seem to be having a magnificent spring.
Oh Lesley this looks like a lovely post - it's 11.36pm and I need more time to enjoy and digest, so I will be back for a further perusal tomorrow!!
Night night Zzzzzzz
Jeanne
x
Lucky Lesley - isn't it a beautiful garden. Those delicate daffs stole my heart. I'm sure your leather-bound book will hold delightful memories of your day, what a great idea.
These gardens look beautiful Lesley - I love the pyramid topiary placed in sweeping circular beds - you chose an ideal day to visit - such clarity of light! Your photos are both beautiful and imaginative - especially the sun-dappled fern ... and those orchids!
Sounds like a perfect day ... I look forward to seeing your memento.
Jeanne
x
Gorgeous photos ;)
Thelma
Post a Comment