
I am trying to get up to London to see so many things and cannot find a date to fit it all in. Alongside trying to get to the major Quilts event at the V&A I'd love to visit this exhibition at the Contemporary Applied Arts gallery. The work of 28 artists, craftsmen and craftswomen is on display all united by their wonder of the bee and their shared concern for the diminishing bee population. Natasha Kerr is attracting a lot of interest at present as her work showcases the publicity material for the V&A exhibition so I picked her textile piece to head my post but there are so many other talented artists to choose from :
the quirky wire sculpture of Cathy Miles
beautiful jewellery pieces from Grainne Morton
ceramics by Joanna Veevers and John Ward (below)Go here to have a look at the work of all the artists and read their rationale for the pieces they have created. It is fascinating to read how each of them has such a different take on the same subject. The exhibition is on until May 1st so I have to get my skates on if I'm going to see it!


4 comments:
What a beeautiful post - I could give a home to any of these pieces - another excellent piece of information Lesley.
Jill
Lovely Lesley - I particularly like those wire sculptures. I too am trying to get to the V&A Quilt exhibition - finding dates is never easy is it? Have a good weekend and thanks for yet another quirky interesting post.
Jane x
And here's another one for you later in the year: Leon Bakst's designs and costumes for the Ballet Russe is on at the V & A 25 Sept to 9 Jan...... (It is a different set of costumes from the last exhibition of them held there).
I am going downstairs to drop enormous hints about the exhibition at the Contemporary Applied Arts Gallery. Thanks for the information... :O)
I really like these, they are bee-autiful. I am bee-coming bee-wildered by all the entomological art out there. I only hope I can add to the hive of activity! Happy Easter. XX
Post a Comment