Monday, 5 April 2010

Time marches backwards.....


I'm not that great at keeping calendars and marking time but I'm taken with this idea by German industrial designer Patrick Frey. 'Gregor' is a knitted wall calendar which counts down the year by unwinding stitch by stitch. I understand the 2011 version is currently available so I might be tempted as I'm not that great at knitting either so definitely couldn't make one myself! Mind you, I might then think my life is unravelling before my very eyes and that too might not be such a sound idea ....



5 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Where do you get them from?!! What an amazing idea - certainly puts a different slant on time passing doesn't it. I can see my life as being just a heap of crinkled yarn using this calendar! Not sure I like that idea though.

Jane x

Sara Bowen said...

What I want to know is whether there's enough yarn at the end to knit yourself something out of the debris! An entropic hat or something...

menopausalmusing said...

We dont have calendars in this house, and I dont even keep a diary. However, isn't that just the most fantastic of ideas???????

Jill said...

What a fantstic and orginal idea - but like Jane, I am not sure I like the concept of my life unravelling before my eyes.
It made me think of the two sorts of recording time - the calendar by which we tick off our days as part of the great count-down to THE END and the diary with which we build them up into a life time of experiences.
Jillx
(PS whenever I want a chuckle - I just think 'buttonhole', you've made my week!)

Lucy Caitlin Higham said...

The unravelling calendar is so strange and original! I particularly like your previous bee art post!
Hope you have had a very happy Easter!
Lucy xxxxxx