Tuesday, 22 December 2009

Alternative tree decorations

We're away for the few days of Christmas and didn't feel like putting up a tree this year but walking the garden this morning to survey the effects of the heavy frost, I saw the dogwoods in glorious colour and just took the snips to them. With a few woven branches, a string of lights and some light - very light - homemade felt and papier mache decorations I made an alternative tree. A surprise for my husband when he comes home.

6 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

I'm sure he will like them as much as I do! Did you make him his mincemeat and apple round too?!!!

Jill said...

A delightful indoor wreath Lesley - hope you have a great break - Happy Christmas to you.

LAC EMP 2020 said...

Thank you both for your lovely comments. No, I have not made the mincemeat and apple round yet Jane but I will give it a go (especially as I read the comments out to my husband and it reminded him that I'd promised to match your culinary skills!!)

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said...

Deleted above comment as it was a repeat of the above - followed your lead to the felted animals - they are all wonderful, what a talent - thank you. Jill

Aine Scannell said...

Lesley I love what you have done here as well !!!