I have just heard the radio news about the snow that has fallen in the night. I hope some of you are not struggling with the elements today. Here in Pembrokeshire we are having a glorious sunny day with a cloudless sky. It's cold, but it's dry and I have been watching two thrushes working their way around the garden. Having just refilled all our bird feeders I happened to look out of my kitchen window to see one of the thrushes thinking about trying to get on the fat balls! I have never seen this before as the larger birds, apart from starlings and woodpeckers, just don't even go there. He kept manouevering up the tree and thinking about making his move but he looked decidedly wary about the whole venture. I guess though that when you're hungry you'll try anything.
3 comments:
Must be like having a can of soup and no tin opener (although nowadays the cans often have ring pulls I know)!! We too have it dry and sunny here in Somerset but I gather it isn't so elsewhere in the UK.
Loved your photos.
JAne x
Lots of snow here! The birds need their woolly socks on.
Jill
Stunning photos. Our bird feeders have completely frozen up but there are still many juicy berries on the shrubs and trees in the garden to hopefully keep the birds satisifed until we get a thaw...
Jeanne x
Post a Comment