Tuesday, 8 December 2009

Confused listener

I never quite 'got' Bob Dylan when I was younger but I love his Theme Time radio broadcasts.There's something about that gravelly 'lived in' voice that makes you want to listen to it over and over , but , this morning I really thought I was hearing things when a track from his Christmas album came on the radio. Bob Dylan doing a Christmas album? Surreal. Then I found this track. It can't be easy to sing with your tongue so firmly in your cheek or am I missing something?

3 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Makes a change from all that sickly sweet stuff anyway! Have to admit I wouldn't be able to listen to this too often without becoming exhausted though!

Jane

Jill said...

I don't think I could listen too often without being ill! Oh Bob why why why?

Sue Brown said...

Well, talk about a sting in the tail, I rather like the American President role call as riendeer at the end, I could imagine a cherubic faced toddler singing that in front of a few maiden Aunts as a party piece. Shock horror, enough to make you spill your sherry. XXX