Thursday, 10 December 2009

Escape from the ironing


I woke up this morning and thought what a glorious day it was to be alive. It was bright, sunny and cold. I love this sort of weather and after all the rain it was great to see my favourite view in my garden bathed in sunshine. I just wanted to get out and about so decided to pop up to Cardigan and do the tail end of my Christmas shopping. I had loads of ironing to do but thought I'd save it until later....

When I came home and had lunch I saw the ironing pile beckoning but then thought, 'what the heck, these days are few and far between , I think I'll go to the beach'.... so I called into a friend on the way and asked if she fancied a brisk walk along the shoreline. She jumped at the chance and grabbed her handbag. When I said she wouldn't need it, she said she wanted her purse so she could buy us both an ice-cream. The sudden sun must have addled her brain. I had to point out that it was December and the kiosk would definitely not be open! Anyway, we went off to Angle beach first which was deserted and getting a bit grey. We were losing the sun fast so raced around to Freshwater West a couple of miles away.

There were only a few people about and it was cold, cold, cold but it was great. The waves were quite high and there was lots of spume . Fabulous afternoon. Really blew away the cobwebs.
All that fresh air will make sure I'll sleep well tonight.... but not till I've done that ironing.... there is no escape is there?



3 comments:

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

You're right, there is no escape - having said that, the right choice was made. Lovely photos.

Jill said...

How wonderful to have the coast so close and there is definitely something extra special about the beach in winter - hang the ironing I say. When I gave up work it felt very strange to iron in daylight as I only ever did it in the evening.

Marigold Jam said...

What lovely photos - I was there with you breathing in the seaweed smell and feeling the wind in my hair! I am sure you will be well and truly energised and ready to tackle that ironing before a good night's sleep.

Jane