I'm not sure whether it's lateral thinking or word association but after posting about the albatross I started thinking about other birds and extinction. Searching around, I came across the elephant bird from Madagascar which I'd never even heard of. Before becoming extinct in the 17th century this flightless bird was the world's largest creature, standing about 10 feet tall and weighing half a ton....Well, then I started thinking about elephants and started casually looking for tenuous links, coming up with this you tube video that's already been seen by over 3 million people - so I'm obviously a bit slow myself...... I thought it might raise a smile and get us towards the end of the year on a high.... literally!
2 comments:
Smile...the tears are running down my cheeks, all very surreal.
Happy New Year, see you soon. XXX
You have a wicked sense of humour Lesley - Happy New Year to you.
Post a Comment