I have spent most of today showing the daughter of a friend how to dye silk scarves and then nuno felt into them. It's been exhilirating because of her enthusiasm and rewarding because she is working towards her 'A' level and I know I have contributed in some small way today. Next week we're going to screenprint onto them and maybe dye some pulp to make paper.
She's gone home happy and I have collapsed into a chair. Five hours of concentrated effort at my age is tough on the constitution!! Time then to relax and watch this video again. Found it a few days ago and if you're into books and bookbinding you'll enjoy this amazing work by Randi Parkhurst. The title is apt. Patience was needed to create the books involved. Patience was needed in making the video and a little patience is needed to watch it. It slows a bit in the middle and then you realise how relaxing the whole process is. Well, it worked for me before so I'm going to have another look now to help me wind down gently....
Patience from Glowing Heads on Vimeo.
2 comments:
That's amazing! love it. How ever is it done? How true too that creating something which gives you pleasure to make needs no patience. I somtimes wonder how it is that I have endless patience with some things and absolutely none with others - now I know!!
I feel relaxed and refreshed now and will come back to that little video again over the holidays I am sure!
Jane x
Speechless - a Zen like experience
Jill
Post a Comment