
I thought I'd post a few photos of my favourite artists who use maps as part of their portfolio of work. The first I ever came across was Tracey Bush who makes wonderful artists books using maps and other papers cut into butterflies which take their names from their source i.e the Atlas Moth. I have one of Tracey's books and love her work. If you like it, take a look at some others too.
James Aldridge



6 comments:
I love the dress and the shoes. This art form and the one on your revious post have blown me away Lesley! Such talented artists. Thank you so much for sharing and for the links.
Jeanne x
Absolutely fabulous stuff. I am sure there is something magical about maps and atlases that appeals to our basic instincts.
Amazing! You do share some fabulous posts with us Lesley I am in awe.
Jane
the butterflies o, the butterflies.. I love them!
What a mind blowing array of people's work on this post........ thank you!
Wow! Thanks for the inspiration. I've got a huge old dilapidated atlas that I've had for years intending to use it for an altered book project. Maybe one day....
Post a Comment