If you're interested in seeing and hearing how an artist thinks go to this video link. It's worth watching all of it to see how Cassandra Jones selects online images and manipulates them using Photoshop into wallpapers and video installations. (It is also interesting to read the comments on this link about what is copyright and what is not.)I am fascinated by the creative process and always inspired by someone else's technical skills. I say this with feeling as I tried to post a 'you tube' video for this and only mangaged to display half the screen! This is my second attempt at trying to post this today and I hope the link above will work. I suppose, given the date, I should have expected no less......
6 comments:
Yes it did work and I am fascinated by the little video - how creative isn't it? Some people are just so amazing that they can see in the everyday things which the rest of us miss. You certainly find some thought provoking tidbits for us Lesley.
Jane x
Yes, it worked! I loved this, but then you probably knew I would, didn't you? :O))))))))))))))
Fascinating - amazing work, such attention to detail. The discussion on copyright is interesting. I must say that I am under no illusion that any of my images on flickr could be 'stolen'. In fact I did find one of my flowers on a site once, but there was a link to my photostream. I had one on some publicity for the Isle of Wight but they let me know, and I have recently been approached by a magazine via e mail for permission to use one of my pictures(more details if it comes off) No fee involved but a named credit. As an amateur I am just flattered. I hope anyone posting photographs on the internet is aware of how easy the images are to just 'take'.
Now I thought that this might be an April fool, but I clicked the video link and wow! Cassandra has some real patience, I always think it's bad enough trawling through my own photos, but to trawl through other peoples!! Amazing work.
Happy Easter Lesley. XX
I'll have to go back and watch it again Lesley, I got too distracted by the interviewer's unnecessarily enormous microphone!
Really interesting art! It looks really effective. I also like the bag that you made in your previous post. The flowers are in just the right place and it looks great!
Lucy xxxxx
Post a Comment