My dining room table is covered in heaps of magazines and odd bits of paper at present. I am collage obsessed and cannot stop cutting and ripping bits of paper. I stick images down and make accordion books or make little scenes in my sketchbook. Everything is fair game and in my Selvedge magazine this month there was a flyer encouraging subscription. The picture was of a crocheted blanket made of 'granny squares', as I know them. Anyway, I started thinking about using up woollen oddments this way and looked up to see that our neighbour, Farmer Trevor, has rented his fields out to some tack sheep this year. There was a big crowd of them looking at me over the hedge.... Well, in my brain, one thing leads to another, the synapses go into meltdown and before you know it I am doodling and wielding the scissors with gay abandon. I think I've done the Christmas card thing to death for this year now. I want to get back to just messing about..... when is Easter?
Saturday, 5 December 2009
Unstoppable..... unfortunately
My dining room table is covered in heaps of magazines and odd bits of paper at present. I am collage obsessed and cannot stop cutting and ripping bits of paper. I stick images down and make accordion books or make little scenes in my sketchbook. Everything is fair game and in my Selvedge magazine this month there was a flyer encouraging subscription. The picture was of a crocheted blanket made of 'granny squares', as I know them. Anyway, I started thinking about using up woollen oddments this way and looked up to see that our neighbour, Farmer Trevor, has rented his fields out to some tack sheep this year. There was a big crowd of them looking at me over the hedge.... Well, in my brain, one thing leads to another, the synapses go into meltdown and before you know it I am doodling and wielding the scissors with gay abandon. I think I've done the Christmas card thing to death for this year now. I want to get back to just messing about..... when is Easter?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think you have been hiding your creative light under a bushel - and your sense of humour!!!
Brilliant!
Jane
Post a Comment