What a hoot! I do hope that big baby kept still and didn't capsize his cot! Having grown up with the mantra make do and ment (my mother's favourite saying it semed) I agree that what goes around comes around and have noticed how many books there are on the market just now on either self sufficiency in all it's guises or on the theme of making something out of nothing - Mum would be pleased if she were here to see it all coming back!
THANK YOU!!! I received the lovely package of beads and useful beading threads, The card is beautiful and is on my special card shelf. It will all come in handy and i shall make lots of things to show my gratitude to you :P The felt flower is gorgeous!! Thank you again!! The video is great, my Gran and Grandad would have watched this during the war (My Grandad would have been 90 in a few weeks time, although I have not met my Gran or Grandad but I have Photos of them) Thank you so much! Lucy xxx
My mum had a McCalls (I think) book that showed you, amongst other things how to make baby clothes or a blouse out of man's shirt and how to cut a skirt out of a pair of trousers. I didn't recycle my dad's suit but used the patterns to make miniskirts out of a yard of fabric! Well done for finding another 'hit'.
5 comments:
What a hoot! I do hope that big baby kept still and didn't capsize his cot! Having grown up with the mantra make do and ment (my mother's favourite saying it semed) I agree that what goes around comes around and have noticed how many books there are on the market just now on either self sufficiency in all it's guises or on the theme of making something out of nothing - Mum would be pleased if she were here to see it all coming back!
Jane
Absolutely wonderful! I loved the name "Mrs Quilty".............. Keep 'em coming, these are wonderful. :O)
Another gem, Lesley!! Absolutely brilliant and I really didn't expect the chap at the end!!
More from the BFI please!!
Jeanne x
THANK YOU!!! I received the lovely package of beads and useful beading threads, The card is beautiful and is on my special card shelf. It will all come in handy and i shall make lots of things to show my gratitude to you :P The felt flower is gorgeous!! Thank you again!!
The video is great, my Gran and Grandad would have watched this during the war (My Grandad would have been 90 in a few weeks time, although I have not met my Gran or Grandad but I have Photos of them)
Thank you so much!
Lucy xxx
My mum had a McCalls (I think) book that showed you, amongst other things how to make baby clothes or a blouse out of man's shirt and how to cut a skirt out of a pair of trousers. I didn't recycle my dad's suit but used the patterns to make miniskirts out of a yard of fabric! Well done for finding another 'hit'.
Post a Comment