Sunday, 28 February 2010

Daniel Mar


I came across the work today of French paper artist, Daniel Mar. The intricate cutting , turning some of the images into 3D, reminds me somewhat of the work of Peter Callesen. I think these are simply wonderful. If you want to see more have a look here.







10 comments:

menopausalmusing said...

Wonderful. I just love the playfulness of these pieces. Thanks for sharing all this stuff that I didn't know was out there.

menopausalmusing said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
menopausalmusing said...

My dongle has played up really badly today, so after three goes at commenting, two got left instead of one (hence the deleted one). Onwards and downwards........ :O(

LAC EMP 2020 said...

Cathy,
I use a dongle too. When I tell people they look at me sideways. Why does it have to sound so dodgy? There are days when connection is such a hit and miss affair I think about giving up internet access... but then I'd miss your comments. Thanks for leaving some! Lesley

Jill said...

These are lovely Lesley, are you familiar with Rob Ryan's work, whose blog I follow? This is the connection to his shop http://ryantownshop.blogspot.com/. This one of those crafts I really don't think I could have a go at.

LAC EMP 2020 said...

Jill,
I know Mr Rob Ryan's work well. In fact, I think it is his contemporary take on papercutting that has spawned a whole new raft of paper artists. I love the way he incorporates text into his work. Lesley.

Marigold Jam said...

Brilliant - I love his Marachin in particular. I had never seen his work nor heard about him but I am impressed though like Jill I shall not be having a go at this!

Reading Tea Leaves said...

Lesley, you treat us to some wonderful work that we would otherwise remain unaware. These are lovely, looking through his website I really like his La Levee est Faite.
Fascinating and humorous.

Jeanne x

Chrissie said...

This is such skilful and witty work - thanks for sharing it with us.

Sara Bowen said...

Wow, beautiful work, beautifully considered! Sara x