Monday, 8 February 2010

Tying up loose ends


This was the largish piece of handmade felt I found yesterday. It is quite thick as I made it thinking I might use it for a carpet bag. It has a white base layer with two or three different coloured purple layers topped off with some white mohair from a ball of stuff I picked up in a bargain basket somewhere. Anyway, I just couldn't wait could I, so I chopped it up this morning and stitched together a bag that I call a 'book bag'. Can't remember where I got that name from or whether it's even correct but I just sewed up the sides, cut two holes for the handles, cut out a base and with a bit of ubiquitous blanket stitch, you have a bag.... trouble is, I have enough left over to make something else .....
..and I wanted to get on an finish one my little accordion books. Just a jumble of images that appealed....

..using the pages from my atlas to make the covers with pictures of the surface of the moon....

I've now tied up my 'loose ends' from yesterday but I'm steering clear of the shed for a few days. Therein lie too many ongoing diversions. My ironing beckons and I must not be diverted any longer!




4 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

That's lovely Lesley. How big is the remaining piece? Enough to cover a book perhaps - that wouldn't take long? Or maybe a purse to go inside the bag? A key holder, bookmark, set of coasters....?

That book looks intriguing - I'd love to know more about how it's done.

Shall I pop round and do your ironing so you can get on with your crafting?

Jane x

Lucy Caitlin Higham said...

wow it all looks gorgeous!! i would also loe to know how you do it!!
Have a nice week
Lucy xx

menopausalmusing said...

Do the ironing as quickly as possible and then get back out to the shed.... I want to see more! Loving it all.

Jill said...

Yes I did the ironing and the hoovering and I missed out on a couple of your posts - still I can indulge myself today. Love the bag and I agree with Jane, a bag accessory will be just right.